Well, I'm keeping busy with work. Here is one the more "exciting" assignments I had this spring. I went to US Steel in Gary, Indiana for a meeting and helped perform oversight of the dredging going on in the Grand Calumet River. Let's just say that no one brought their swimming gear on this trip.
I also took a two-week tour of Spain and Portugal with my Mom. We spent one night in Morroco and got to ride a camel (for like 1 minute). All in all, it was a great trip!

I've also taken some weekend getaways with friends, worked on some house projects, and generally tried to keep our cats happy (this can be a full-time job). One of the times I really miss Matt is when Ficus brings a live mouse in the house and I have to figure out how to get it back outside.
Otherwise, I do pretty normal stuff on a day-to-day basis. I get fairly tired of having to figure out who can do social things with me. Luckily, I have a lot of friends and family who have been looking out for me. If nothing else, I've realized convenient is is to have someone living with you to help maintain your sanity.
Speaking of sanity - whenever I go to the grocery store, I wonder about stupid stuff like why we have to have such a huge selection of frozen garlic bread. I realize some people don't like to cook, but garlic bread is pretty easy. Somehow it symbolizes the excesses of our culture to me. Obviously I'm spending a little too much time in the grocery store.
No comments:
Post a Comment