Monday, December 17, 2007

Miscellany

As always, it's tough to come up with good things to put here. Most days, I just want to do what needs to be done, then turn my brain off. Re-hashing the annoying stuff just stirs me back up, and there is still a lot of apathy and antipathy on my behalf towards this place. Also, talking about work is tough -- both for security reasons, and because there would have to be a lot of explanations -- which takes us right back to the start of this paragraph.

So, here's some random stuff.

1) I got promoted in September, and forgot to put it in here. I am glad I got promoted, but the general antipathy I have developed towards COB Speicher, Task Force Odin, and the Army made me just not want to play it up. I am now a Staff Sergeant (that's pay grade E-6, if you know/care). No real change in my responsibilities -- as the Standardization Instructor, rank is less important than job knowledge. Anyway, here's a picture.


Another less-than-flattering picture, I'd say. I looked better in the Princess Chair.

2) As you know, Laura & I have a two cats (Ficus and Fran). Luckily, Laura sent them to me here:

OK, so that's not them, but it is pretty awesome. Laura found a place to have the images blown up and put on cardboard and cut out. Ficus (orange) and Fran now sit on my wall locker in my room. Both pictures are larger than they are in real life, and Fran is even more enlarged -- she is about 2/3 the size of Ficus.

3) Laura has been getting a lot of requests for my address, so here it is:

SSG Matt Swanson
B CO, TF ODIN
COB Speicher
APO, AE 09393


More later, when I can come up with something.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,

Congrats on the promotion! How long until you can boss Robert around? Oh, that would be now, I guess. We're thinking of you this Christmas, hope you're staying safe and that those cats aren't shedding too much in your hut.

Tom

Anonymous said...

Matt,

That's great news about the promotion ... congratulations. I like LPs gift. I might have to use that one at work sometime. Not much going on here. Just recovering from the Packer's loss and cleaning up the house for the holidays. I hope you're doing well!

Mike & Ellen

Anonymous said...

YO - congrats on the promor ya big stud....when's the return date? I have a spot all ready for you and Robbie to room together in Mesquite. Talk about needing some R and R! Hope all is well with you bro.

Dave Brown

Swanny said...

Hey Dave!

We like to think we will leave in early March. However, as always, we are not holding our collective breath.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully it happens....I will need a commitment by end of March/very early April so just keep me informed. Broncos blow!

Dave b