This is Laura again. Matt’s group found out early last week that they would be heading down to Texas to be shipped out. When I last talked to him he was enjoying the nice weather in Texas and feeling a little uptight about the upcoming activities. He said it would take about 13 hours to fly to Kuwait with two or three stops on the way. All that distance and no frequent flyer miles. : ) He will be on a chartered commercial-type aircraft. When they get to Kuwait they get to swipe their ID card and their countdown for a year starts.
By now he’s likely in Kuwait going through in-processing. I’m hoping I’ll hear within the next couple days that he made it there safely.
The time difference is 7 or 8 hours; we haven’t quite figured out how daylight savings figures in. I’ve got his mailing address for his final destination and he said we could start using it. Just let me know if you want the address. One of us will post again once he gets access to communication.
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Laura
I'd like the address, if you wouldn't mind. Let me know if I should call you or what.
Tom Flock-Johnson
Post a Comment